Supplements for kids – Why aloe is a good source of vitamins and minerals
Supplements for kids – why children need them!
Vitamins and minerals are very important in the nutritional development and health of our child or children. Because the body is not capable of producing the right amount of vitamins and minerals, these have to come from a balanced and healthy diet or in the form of supplements.
Kids need a healthy balanced diet
A healthy balanced diet should include:
- Whole grain cereals, brown rice and brown bread
- Protein from eggs, meat, fish and chicken
- Plenty of fresh fruits and veg
- Dairy products which includes milk, cheese and yoghurt
Kids that need vitamins and minerals supplements
In our fast paced world with hectic lifestyles, the demands of the job coupled with school runs, is it any wonder why that good old home cooking is almost done away with. In reality many parents just haven’t got the time to prepare a well-balanced meal for their kids, hence fast foods and take away.
For some kids with poor appetites or erratic eating habits paediatricians may recommend daily supplements. These over the counter supplements are generally safe, however bear in mind, they are drugs.
Important vitamins and minerals supplements for kids
- Vitamin A promotes normal growth and development; tissue and bone repair; and healthy skin, eyes, and immune responses. Good sources include milk, cheese, eggs, and yellow-to-orange vegetables like carrots, yams, and squash
- Vitamin Bs. The family of B vitamins — B2, B3, B6, and B12 — aid metabolism, energy production, and healthy circulatory and nervous systems. Good sources include meat, chicken, fish, nuts, eggs, milk, cheese, beans, and soybeans.
- Vitamin C promotes healthy muscles, connective tissue, and skin. Good sources include citrus fruit, strawberries, kiwi, tomatoes, and green vegetables like broccoli.
- Vitamin D promotes bone and tooth formation and helps the body absorb calcium. Good sources include milk and other dairy products, and fish oil. The best source of vitamin D is sunlight.
- Calcium helps build strong bones as a child grows. Good sources include milk, cheese, yogurt, tofu, and calcium-fortified orange juice.
- Iron builds muscle and is essential to healthy red blood cells. Iron deficiency is a risk in adolescence, especially for girls once they begin to menstruate. Good sources include beef and other red meats, turkey, pork, spinach, beans, and prunes.
Sourcing natural vitamins and minerals as supplements for your children
The way farming is done today depletes the land of it’s natural mineral contents. That’s why we can’t completely rely on the foods we eat to provide those essential vitamins and minerals our kids bodies need. Due to this more people are turning to nutritional supplements to get those vital nutrients that can make a difference to their quality of health.
Forever Living aloe supplements
Forever nutritional supplements are made from the finest ingredients, grown or collected from the best sources and produced with the most advanced technology. Each product retains its original nutritional value, encouraging both good health and peace of mind.
Aloe supplements for kids
Aloe bits ‘n’ peaches
Pure nutritious pieces of aloe vera bathed in the flavour of sun-ripened peaches, a natural fruity drink ideal for children. With added carotenoids which are valuable antioxidants and a source of vitamin A, essential for maintaining a healthy immune system.
Chewable multi-vitamins that provide children with the nutrients needed each day. Fun and delicious, grape-flavoured, formulated without sugar, aspartame, artificial colours or preservatives, adults love them too.
Vitamin C has long been associated with good health. Our body is unable to produce vitamin C, so must be ingested from our food, drink and supplements. Forever’s Absorbent-C is bonded with oat bran, a highly soluble fibre, for gradual absorption, and provides 100% of UK RDA of vitamin C.
Field of greens
With today’s busy lifestyles and convenient fast food, we all too often neglect fresh, green foods. Fields of Greens provides a simple solution. One glance at its ingredient list reveals a cornucopia of green foods to help fill this gap. Also high in fibre.